Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Red and Blue States...lets make them green!



While I may be passionate as a blue voter, and you may agree or not and be a passionate red voter – I think today, on the day of election – we should all join together and support the USA as green!

I for one am happy to finally be free of the political advertisements, papers and constant bombardment of Obama v Mc Cain. No matter what happens at the end of today – we will have a new President and hopefully a fresh new agenda for this country to move forward.

So with the election underway – its important to regroup and focus and the other thing that is just as important IF NOT more important and that is our environment and the future.

We have been adding gorgeous eco friendly ‘green’ products to the Cute-ture collection from day one and my personal favorite is our Cheeky Squirrel bookends.

Made of eco friendly plantation wood and coated in non-toxic varnish (in recycled cardboard boxes), the Cocoon Couture bookend collection looks as stylish in your kids room as it does in your own. I just used the bookends in my bedroom and they are divine.

Being green is so much easier than you think (not just as a consumer). To make your life a little more green just add one greener activity every day. Whether it is changing from using your dishwasher from use after every meal, to just once a day, or making sure you recycle all of your plastics and papers – each and every step counts. Free-range eggs may cost that little bit extra and I know budgets are tight but think about the benefit – healthier eggs for you to eat, less pain to an animal and more need for good farming practices that benefit everyone. Each bit counts.

If nothing else, don’t leave the water running when brushing your teeth! We are constantly reviewing and working on excelling at being green in our office and I am always open to new idea’s! Inspire me and challenge me and lets ensure that the future of either the red,white and blue matters to all of us that live green.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this post. While I'm certainly not "green" I have been trying and your tips are a great start! Have a good day :)