Monday, March 16, 2009

One Day At A Time

Well its only March (or already March depending on your view) and I have already been in two car accidents, had two broken limbs (unrelated to each other and unrelated to the car accidents) and now have a terrible dose of the flu - all this in 2009. I thought that with such a bad run in 09 that I must be due for something amazing so bought a lotto ticket. I checked the numbers today and guess what - not a single number on my quick pick was a match.

So I have had to take a big deep breath and decide not to let this get me down (the combination of factors, not the lotto) and take steps to pick myself back up.

So here is what I am going to do:

1. Focus daily of the six most important things I need to do.
2. Listen daily to affirmations - whether they be a mediation on the iPod before bed or Morning Coach on the radio in the morning.
3. Pick a weekend and have it to myself. Perhaps somewhere by the beach, where I can clear the cobwebs from the brain and renew my energy.
4. Eat better (and less). I have happily adapted to the USA size portions and now by body has had enough. Time to take control.
5. Smile. Its so easy not to when you are down, so I am hereby reminding myself that life is fun and I am loved.
6. Love my family and friends!

So negative Nelly - move out of the way. Tracey is kicking 2009 to the curb and looking forward to tomorrow.

No comments: