Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Sleepless in Los Angeles....but motivated...


I would love to say I woke up this morning tired but the truth is you can’t wake up when you never got to sleep. Hence, today coffee is my best friend. Our little Bob Cat (the most expensive rescue in the world aka big vet bill’s kitty) decided to have some little seizures at 1.30am and I spent most of the night sitting by his side debating about rushing to the vet or sitting with him and seeing how things progressed. He is still a bit twitchy this morning but ate his breakfast and was watching the birds at our feeder, so I will wait to later in the day to get him to his vet. While this has nothing to do with luxurious baby products – he is my baby and I think its important to share my state of mind (in this case delirious and a little out of it) when blogging.

Prior to the Bob-isode, I had a wonderful night and went to a SMARTY LA get together. SMARTY is a community of 400 entrepreneurial women who share resources with one another, learning together and opening doors to do business together. The event provided me with some great ideas and new relationships for some fun giveaways Cute-ture will be doing with some SMARTY women in weeks to come.

One of the exciting things that came out of this event for me was hearing about how businesses are adapting to the current economic environment in creative ways to not only survive but grow and have more success than ever. And I love that women are leading the way! If you have a business or are looking to start one, I suggest checking out SMARTY and finding your way into a community that you can trust that will nurture your business with you.

www.smartyla.com

No comments: