Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Daddy's Little Girl

In a much better version of the reality show ‘Trading Spouses’ my mother and I have traded husbands for a few weeks. My dad is in Los Angeles visiting while my husband is staying with my mother in Australia for his acting career and I feel so spoiled because I get my daddy all to myself!!!

Every day I leave home for work after a run to Home Depot, so that we can get materials for my father who is working on our home renovations during the day. Then later he helps me pack orders and figure out what we need to the do the next day. How brilliant is that.

So in dedication to my dad, I have been searching for the perfect item for my father (even thought its Mothers Day this weekend) and this is what I have found.

Dad Appreciation Cookie Bouquets! After a big day in the yard and then the warehouse I think my dad would love these themed cookies. The slogans are perfect “Hard Working Dad” and “Cool Dad Zone” and they are baked fresh every day.

http://www.cookiesbydesign.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=B193

The Dick Hoyt story is another reason to love dads. Knowing my father, I have no doubt that he would do the same for my brothers and I so I seriously think a story like this is worth taking the time to read.

http://cjcphoto.com/can/

Finally – for new dads, there is now enough great stuff out there that you can still look like a man while taking your child out in public – you don’t have to push the stroller with a floral diaper bag and pink bottle. Companies like Diaper Dude are making cool stuff and changing an industry that needed some fresh approaches to product.

Diaper Dude

Dad – thanks so much. I love you.

No comments: