Thursday, November 4, 2010

Meet the Designer Behind the FLATOUTbears


Please tell us a little bit about FLATOUTbears...

What inspires your designs?
The FLATOUTbear and FLATOUTbearbaby is a classic design and never goes out of style or out of date – simply it’s a much loved teddy bear

 What color do you love right now?
Sunshine yellow as for the FLATOUTbears, I can’t go past the milk FLATOUTbear.

What are you currently reading?
Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris –hilarious!


How would you describe your own personal style?
Vintage maximalist. I love old furniture and homewares that tell a story.

What is your favorite city/location/destination?
I will have to say Sydney, Australia. The prettiest city in the world! My home town.

What’s your favorite find right now?
A fabulous polka dot retro swimsuit.

Who is your favorite composer, or what is your favorite music genre for when you are designing?
I love music but I suppose folkish/acoustic music and old time classics like Aretha Franklin and Stevie Wonder.

What is your favorite dessert?
Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate

What do you consider to be your greatest achievement?
Living and working as a volunteer in Asia for 2 years.

Who are your heroes?
I love Oprah and find her very inspiring.

As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
The usual – a teacher!

What's been your most exciting/fulfilling/wonderful moment since launching?
Seeing the FLATOUTbears in great stores all over the world. Also, we get the most amazing feedback from customers who can’t live without the FLATOUTbears.

Do you have a favorite product from the range?
We only have FLATOUTbear and FLATOUTbearbaby and out of the two I think the classic FLATOUTbear in milk is my favourite.

And, please complete the following:

If I were surprised with a gift of $1,000 cash, I would use it to:
I have just moved into a new house and it’s summer here in Australia and what I really need is a new BBQ. How Australian is that??
Minimink Booties in Milk NewbornFLATOUTbear LatteFLATOUTbear Rosie PinkMinimink Russian Hat Milk NewbornFLATOUTbear Rosie Pink

1 comment:

Kim Halverson said...

I love my FLATOUT bear, thanks for introducing the Creationista :)