Wednesday, January 2, 2008

You Did What!

It is now January 2nd and I am heading back to work after a week of home renovations - oops I meant holidays.. And I am exhausted! In the space of one week we sanded, stained and varnished the floors of our new house, cut back the garden and put in new plants, rewired a large portion of the out of date wires, knocked out most of the kitchen and moved the previous owners junk and trash out of the house and off the street where it had been placed. And for all that - I managed to also lose just one pound.

I hopped on the scales today - knowing that when I got on them just over a week ago for the first time in many months that they must have been broken. So today I fully expected that surprising number to be about 10 less... And it was only 1 less which means that last year I really did indeed put a whopping 15 pounds on. Ouch. So - having made no resolutions this year, I realised this morning that something had to change. I can no longer live in Los Angeles and pretend I am on holidays. I really live here and I really have to watch my diet.

I have always been a strong proponent of "don't complain, do something about it", and all my excuses of running a company and having no time, just won't cut it. So I packed my gym gear today and at lunch went for a run. It hurt. A lot. But... I feel so much better for it now that its done. No more watching 'The Biggest Loser' while eating my caramel pie. So this year, as well as running Cute-ture, renovating a house and finalising our adoption - I am going to get my butt back into shape. And because I don't believe in doing anything in small ways - I signed up after my 3 mile run for a marathon! 2008 here I come.

No comments: