Friday, June 19, 2009

Weekend Inspirations

Every Friday I like to prepare for the weekend by doing two things:

1. Make a short and concise list of the things I need to do (priorities only)
2. Think of things that inspire and motivate me so I am energized

This way I go into the weekend in a great frame of mind, rather than being tired and too exhausted and I know what my priorities are.

I always get inspired at tradeshows and events and so when I don't have those to attend and set the brain in motion, I love to visit sites like Etsy where the most incredible and talented creative designers sell their wares. I am always looking for new finds for Cute-ture on Etsy.

Here are my Friday inspirations!



Lemontree77
have wonderful eco goodies including pencils and stamps. I just want to write a letter when I see these!

Moddottextiles has fabric purses and clutches. My last purse from a retail store fell apart and I have one of Mod Dot Textile designed clutches now in the most fabulous chintz.



Viemoderne has the most fabulous hair accessories. An incredible stylist from Australia called Sarah Laidlaw used beautiful red feathers and crystals in my hair for my wedding and I have been addicted ever since. I have no doubt Sarah would love these too.

Janet Hill Studio's original artwork and prints are sooo dreamy. I almost didn't blog about her because I want to keep her a secret!! She sells her prints from her original designs on Etsy and also has one original painting go up each day. I cannot wait until I can get an original (in fact I would love a house full of originals).



This is so adorable. It would be a complete fight in our house between Drover, Roadie and Bob as to who would get packed! We may need 3 suitcases. I found this adorable bed at vintagerenaissance's Shop on Etsy. They believe in recycling, upcycling, repurposing and reviving older styles to work for design today. Yipppee. We love that.

Have a great weekend and I will see you Monday (my birthday!!)

Tracey xx

No comments: