Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Someday



This morning I picked up one of our new books that has come in and glanced through it. It is a beautifully illustrated hardcover storybook for children and I found that half way through it that I just needed to share it. So I called Joey in and made him (my husband) settle in so I could read him the story.

The book was written by Alison McGhee and illustrated by Peter Reynolds and is a touching journey of a mothers dream for her child. It starts with her simply talking to her baby and then envisioning and sharing her someday dreams for her child.

Quite literally, this simple story has such powerful ode to the potential of love and life that I started to choke up on the last page and then looked up to find my husband teary as well.

I just wished I had ordered more for our store as I think I will be giving a lot of these away to the people I love! Absolutely the most beautiful and moving children’s book I have read this year.

No comments: