Monday, March 10, 2008

Weekend Warrior

It is hard to believe that in the last 36 hours I have been from Los Angeles to New York to Las Vegas and back to Los Angeles and managed to not feel stressed about any of it. I know for some people that sounds terribly glamorous and I would love to play that up for you... BUT the truth is it was not entirely planned that way and now I am exhausted and ready to go to bed!

On Friday I was due to fly to New York so that I could set up our booth for the ENK Children's Club show. March is the biggest event of the year and armed with Joey and another three workers, we were due to get in late Friday evening ready to get set up the following day. The other four took an earlier flight on Friday and as I had work in LA to finish I was meant to leave on the last afternoon flight. Meant to....

I had raced home to grab my luggage after a very frustrating trip to Staples where I couldn't find a single person on the floor to get me a removable disk drive from a locked cabinet and then after finally talking the person at the register into leaving the long line of people waiting to pay, I was finally out the door and rushing to the house now running late. Once home, the phone started... a messenger dropping our samples in at the show didn't know where to go. I directed him and then he called back as GES wouldn't accept my box. I told him to drop it at my booth. He called back. No one was there so he couldn't leave it. I raced to the computer and called the show organisers who assured me they would accept it. They didn't. To cut a frustrating story short, I then left the house late and hit peak hour on the 405 and 10. Most simply put, I parked on the freeway with my closest million commuters. At that point, I chose to accept my situation and the stress evaporated.

I missed the flight and left 5 hours later on the red eye! So straight off the plane to the show for set up. With the full team on board, we set the stand up and finished at around 10pm. A late dinner and finally sleep at 2am. Up at 7am to finish set up ready for doors opening at 9am! By 1pm I was off and headed back to the airport (after a very successful morning of sales of course) and on my way to Showest in Las Vegas.

I arrived in Vegas late last night and got up early for rehearsals ready for a 9am Australian panel to talk about tax incentives and filming in Australia. By 11am, I was done and packing and heading back to the airport so that I could be home in time for a television show that was coming to our house to consider our renovator for a Room Renovation!

The rest of tonight has been spent getting orders ready for shipment tomorrow and a full day in the office...

So glamorous - I don't think so! But I am not complaining as I have chosen this life and love the returns it gives me. I am ready though for a very good nights sleep!

Oh... the new Oobi Baby and Alimrose Designs samples are AMAZING!!

No comments: