Monday, March 3, 2008

Moving the Fluffy Kids

I have had two wonderful weeks with my father (aka Dad) in town to help us finish moving. It’s only been two months since we bought the new place…so I guess it we were overdue to actually pick up/pack up and get settled.

I had some concerns about moving the two pussycats – Roadie and Bob – as both are rescues that come with loads of hang-ups. With Dad’s help (who is as crazy about animals as I am) we moved them in and they adjusted so quickly I was shocked.

Day one was spent in the bedroom – under the bed for Bob and under the covers for Roadie. Day two – Bob emerged and started his new adventure and every now and then Roadie would pop his head out to see if his nightmare was over.

By day three, they were both on the adventure of a lifetime and the boxes, packaging and furniture were all explored and inspected with new places to hide and play in quickly established.

Dad was sleeping in our new living room, which comes with amazing pocket doors, which Bob has an opinion on. If you close the doors, Bob will stand outside (or inside as the case may be) and mew until you open then. He promptly crosses to the other side and if you close them after him, he turns around and mews to go back through them. Needless to say, we are now all sleeping with doors open.

I found the most adorable cat beds in New York by a company from Vermont called Hepper who make ‘nests’ for cats and dogs. The nests come in a ground version and a stand type version (the stand version reminds me of a space ship taking off). I wanted to buy one then and there however my husband who has more common sense than I when it comes to animals pointed out that my bags were already more than full and I would have to carry it back. Needless to say I have been daydreaming about this cat bed during our recent nights of door mewing kitties and can’t wait to get my Hepper beds.

Check out their site: www.hepperhome.com - simply Cute-ture for pets.

No comments: